Popular Haunted Fort Casey moves to pre-sale tickets

Some Whidbey Island residents are probably already dreaming of cooler fall days and pumpkin spiced everything as they soak up the waning summer sun.

Those who can’t wait to get their scare on should be aware that the popular Haunted Fort Casey is moving to online pre-sale tickets only this year.

Now in it’s fifth season of scaring, the haunted fort has become such a draw that the lines to enter were edging on unmanageable last year, said Sharon Young-Hale, program specialist with Washington State Parks.

Tickets go on sale Sept. 1 through the Whidbey Playhouse website, www.whidbeyplayhouse.com. Entry costs $10 per person and proceeds go toward restoration projects at Admiralty Head Lighthouse.

“This year we should be able to route the groups through a lot faster,” Young-Hale said.

“The wait times should be way less.”

Tickets will be available for arriving in hour intervals starting at 6:30 p.m.

The spooky fundraiser runs Oct. 25- 26.

Proof a pre-purchased tickets will need to be presented upon arrival at the park.

Once they’re in, visitors will have access to the haunted fort, the haunted switchboard, the “kid zone,” and “trick or treat street.”

Last year, $18,000 was raised during the two nights of horror and fun.

This year’s decorations and scares are still a mystery, but Young-Hale guarantees there are “new things to discover in the fort.”

Tickets go on sale Sept. 1 online at www. whidbeyplayhouse.com. Those wanting to volunteer at the event can email Sharon Young-Hale at Sharon.Young-Hale@parks.wa.gov

More in News

Ex-county inmate sues over jail fall

An inmate at Clallam Bay Corrections Center is suing Island County over… Continue reading

Wanted man sentenced for assault, resisting arrest

A Clinton man who assaulted a woman and teenage girl and wrestled… Continue reading

MLK event emphasizes dreams, unity

While Pastor Fannie Dean thinks it’s important to remember and acknowledge the… Continue reading

Uber returns to the road in Oak Harbor

After an absence of more than three months, Uber is back in… Continue reading

Man repeatedly violated court order, police say

A 37-year-old Clinton man is being held in jail on $35,000 bail… Continue reading

Driver who allegedly knocked out power, cell service charged

An Anacortes man is accused of fleeing from the scene of a… Continue reading

City moving forward with new road

Oak Harbor is moving forward with a project to build a new… Continue reading

FEMA threat draws county rebuke

Island County commissioners are “aghast” at recent actions taken by the Federal… Continue reading

Woman injured in restaurant after customer accidentally fires a gun

An 80-year-old woman who was accidentally shot while eating dinner at an… Continue reading

Most Read