Accused rapist to appear in court Monday

Martinez

Martinez

A Bellingham man wanted on a $100,000 warrant on suspicion of rape in the second degree by forcible compulsion turned himself in, according to court documents.

Carlos A. Martinez, 25, is accused of raping a woman at a North Whidbey beach in August 2017, the police reports states.

The 18-year-old woman said she rebuffed Martinez’ advances, but he held her down in the sand and raped her, the report states.

Martinez denied raping or having sex with the woman. DNA evidence obtained from the rape kit matched Martinez’ DNA profile, according to the report.

Martinez will appear in court Monday.

Martinez

Martinez

More in News

Fire damages Coupeville residence

A tipped over candle resulted in extensive damage to a Coupeville home… Continue reading

Presidents’ Day holiday delays garbage, recycling pickup

Oak Harbor city offices will be closed Feb. 18 in observance of… Continue reading

Coupeville council adopts quick fix to fund sidewalk project

An oversight could’ve led to the Coupeville missing out on more than… Continue reading

Lions aim for $30k at annual auction

Last year, their club raised over $30,000 for Coupeville high school seniors… Continue reading

Town reduces building permit fees

Coupeville’s building official said he believed the town’s building permit fees were… Continue reading

Man says edibles led him to molest girl, 11

A Greenbank man allegedly admitted to sexually molesting an 11-year-old girl and… Continue reading

Suspect accused of raping, beating woman

A Freeland man is accused of beating a 23-year-old woman with a… Continue reading

Café pupaccino

Katy’s a popular pooch at Oak Harbor Starbucks

Law would celebrate public lands in Washington state

By Madeline Coats WNPA Olympia News Bureau Lawmakers seek to celebrate public… Continue reading

Most Read