Caller turns in barking seals | Island Scanner

Wednesday, Dec. 28

At 11:42 a.m., a caller reported that a pig was left behind after animals were removed from a Hastie Lake Road property because of an animal cruelty investigation.

At 4:14 p.m., a resident on Humphrey Road reported that someone broke into the house and attacked a Buddhist temple.

Thursday, Dec. 29

At 4:43 p.m., a Ferry Avenue resident reported seeing ingredients to make drugs in her ex-husband’s truck.

Friday, Dec. 30

At 9:30 a.m., a Bridle Trail Lane resident reported that an eagle was attacking a domestic goose.

At 7:37 p.m., a Holly Berry Road reported hearing what sounded like an artillery shot outside. She said she saw a piece of the component fall into her yard.

Saturday, Dec. 31

At 11:35 a.m., a resident reported that homeless people on Goldie Road property were chopping wood trees and building a fire.

At 12:50 p.m., a caller on Resort Road reported finding a kayak on the beach.

At 1:45 p.m., a Central Whidbey caller reported that the Facebook account for his business was hacked again and turned into a porn site.

At 6:24 p.m., a resident reported that people are bringing in rocks and dumping them on the tide flats near Bayview Road. The caller reported that the people were re-building a seawall without a permit after sunset.

Sunday, Jan. 1

At 1:16 a.m., a caller on Captain Whidbey Inn Road reported that a bunch of seals on the dock have been “barking there since Christmas” and keeping the guests awake.

At 10:30 a.m., a caller reported that a ring camera at a vacant Hunskor Road property showed two trucks stealing firewood.

Monday, Jan. 2

At 8:14 a.m., a caller reported going to the ER for a dog bite that occurred on Degraff Road.

At 3:29 p.m., a resident reported that a woman let her aggressive dogs off leash at the public beach access on Driftwood Way.

At 3:38 p.m., a caller reported that a windsurfer at a lake on West Beach Road mysteriously disappeared.

At 5:46 p.m., a resident reported that water was running out and under a rental house on Northeast Gould Street.

At 11:17 p.m., a Big Cedar Lane resident reported that he was pepper spraying a raccoon and accidentally sprayed himself.

At 2:10 p.m., a resident reported that thousands of gallons of water leaked from a Northeast Parker Road house and created a lake on the property.