The last five years have seen a surge in the number of mattress-in-a-box companies. All of them offer a similar service: online-only shopping with a curated selection of foam or coil mattresses, shipped to your door in a shockingly small box. Bed-in-a-box seems convenient, but is it the best option?
Joshua Rigsby and William Wellauer from Everett’s ESC Mattress Center believe that sleep isn’t one-size-fits-all, so your mattress shouldn’t be either. If you prioritize your sleep (and you should, since it’s essential for your health and vitality), you deserve a personalized sleep solution.
5 reasons it’s better to buy a mattress in store, not online
- Try before you buy. “If you shop for a mattress online you obviously can’t test it out before you make your purchase,” Joshua says. “Many shoppers try to get around this by reading reviews, but no reviewer has exactly your body and sleep habits, and no review will ever replace the experience of actually lying down on the mattress.”
- Set up and disposal: Most beds-in-a-box are shipped cross-country and left at your doorstep. ESC Mattress Center has their own delivery team that makes regular visits to Snohomish, Skagit and King County. Live outside their service area? Give them a call — they regularly visit Whidbey Island and other regions, and will do their best to serve you. “We don’t just deliver mattresses. We can set up your new bed, and remove your old bed.”
- Find the right fit: “Just because a mattress company has spent a lot of money on advertising doesn’t mean their mattress is going to give you the best sleep,” William says. “Our sales team has the education and experience to fit you for the bed that works best for you.”
- Save time: “Online shopping is a wonderful thing, but it can be a lot of work,” Joshua says. Instead of searching multiple websites to compare prices and products, a mattress store allows customers to learn about many products and features in one place.
- Get it right the first time: “About 20 percent of mattresses ordered online are returned or exchanged. ESC’s exchange rate is under five percent,” William says. ESC Mattress offers a 365 Day Comfort Guarantee so you have time to thoroughly test your mattress, and exchange or return if needed. But 95 percent of customers don’t have to, because they’re sleeping so well on their perfectly fit mattress.