- About Us
CWSA hosts annual Turkey Shoot Sept. 17
The annual Turkey Shoot, sponsored by the Central Whidbey Sportsman's Association, is slated for Saturday, Sept. 17, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the CWSA range.
The proceeds from year's charity match will benefit WAIF, so participants are encouraged to donate pet food as well.
Tickets are $1.50 or four for $5, and shooters may enter as many events are they like.
This event is open to the public and club memberships are available. Ages 12 and under shoot in the junior class.
The CWSA range is located 2.5 miles south of Coupeville on Safari Street, just south of the corner of Highway 20 and Morris Road. The range is covered, so the Turkey Shoot will be held rain or shine.
All pistol/revolver shooting is offhand, one or two hands.
The Turkey Shoot includes the following events:
1. Six shots, large bull at 25 yards, best six shots count, any pistol/revolver using iron sight only.
2. Briquettes at 10 yards, six briquettes, break the most without hitting the tube, any pistol/revolver using iron sights.
3. Shotgun at turkey target, 25 yards, two shots, most pellets in white center wins.
4. Jug head at 25 yards, six shots, most rounds in bottle per target without hitting the jug head wins, any pistol/revolver using iron sights
5. Rifle shoot, five rounds at 50 yards at bull's eye target, 22 rimfire rifle, any sights.
Shoot-offs will be at 12:30 p.m. and turkeys will be awarded at end of event at about 1 p.m. One bird limit per individual.
Bring any caliber pistol, 22 rifle and shotgun with ammunition. The CWSA will supply a 22 rifle or pistol and ammunition to those who do not have one.
For more information, call 360-678-0960.