Tack’s ready to serve Coupeville
October 23, 2009 · 2:09 PM
Here are a few reasons why we support Tom Tack for Coupeville Town Council:
1. Tom is well-prepared and ready to serve. He is a longtime Whidbey Island resident and is familiar with our comprehensive plan, and has attended numerous council meetings, the town’s water workshop, multiple DRB/HRC joint workshops, the town’s budget workshop, and all the joint planning commission hearings on the new design guidelines.
2. Tom recently demonstrated his leadership abilities and his commitment to the quality of life in the Town of Coupeville by facilitating the end to our summer jet noise. Thank you Tom!
3. Tom’s exemplary career in the Navy has not only posted a proven track record of leadership but has given him the tools and perspectives necessary to sort through often emotional issues and set a balanced course for our common good. His proven personal attributes, professional experience, and training will be tremendous assets to the Town of Coupeville and all of our residents.
4. We badly need someone on the Council who represents younger families with children in our community who are trying to make do in trying economic times.
5. Tom is a strong supporter of historic preservation and all the elements that represent the quality of life in Coupeville. And this isn’t just talk. He and his wife Melanie purchased (and live in) a 135 year old home and saved a building behind the old Libbey Home by having it relocated to their property. Tom is an example of someone who “walks the talk.”
6. This brings us to our last point. Tom is extremely hard working, dedicated and honest. We have full confidence he will approach this position with extreme integrity and an open mind and will listen to all points of view.
Mark Varljen and Donna Keeler