- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Special people, special place
As I reflect on the past eight months of the primary election season, I am humbled and grateful for the incredible support the Coupeville Library has received by those in Central Whidbey — the heart of Whidbey Island.
The grassroots team effort pulled together to successfully pass the Coupeville Library district expansion and bond measures is testimony to what the power of a caring community can do.
There are so many people to thank for this success that I could fill an entire page of the paper! They include, but are not limited to:
• Coupeville Library Board — Jim Short, President, Joann Roomes, Jim Cavanaugh, Nancy Bailey, Doris Randall.
• Mayor Nancy Conard and Coupeville Town Council: Ann Dannhauer, Bob Clay, Dianne Binder, Molly Hughes, Jim Phay.
• Sno-Isle Libraries Board of Trustees: Jonalyn Woolf-Ivory, director; Becky Bolte, West District manager.
• Vote Yes! Coupeville Library campaign group: Kathie Schutte, Joyce Peterson, Nancy Bailey, co-chairs; John Bolte, treasurer; Chic Merwine-Webmaster and Janet Wodjenski, strategist.
• Coupeville Library staff.
• Friends of the Coupeville Library; Coupeville Farmers Market, Peg Tennant, market manager.
• Whidbey News-Times, Whidbey Examiner, South Whidbey Record, Whidbey Marketplace.
• Windermere Realty, Prairie Center, Greenbank Store.
• YOU -- the voters of Central Whidbey.
Whether you wrote letters of support, painted signs, planned strategies, designed a website, participated in a parade, donated dollars or advocated by talking to your friends and neighbors, please accept my sincere thanks and heartfelt gratitude for a job well done.
It has been a real pleasure to work with all involved in this community wide project. I live in a very special place and am very, very excited about the future of the Coupeville Library.
Leslie L. Franzen