- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Hospital not willing to answer questions | Letters
We have seen the “just vote yes” signs everywhere for the hospital bond. We have seen the reasons given by the hospital administration for increasing our property taxes, but we have not seen any direct, measurable facts given to support this request.
They have not supplied any facts or figures to back up any of their claims.
I filed a public disclosure request with Whidbey General Hospital administration on Oct 19. I received no reply.
Among the questions I asked were:
• How many patients became ill from contagious bacterial or viral infections due to room sharing at WGH in 2012 and 2011?
• How many patients received physical injuries due to room sharing at WGH in 2012 and 2011?
• How many patients died due to room sharing at WGH in 2012 and 2011?
• How many times was WGH been sued for damages as a result of room sharing, either by patients or family members, in 2012 and 2011?
• How many formal complaints about room sharing has WGH received from patients, and family members in 2012 and 2011.
• At what rate/percentage were rooms at WGH occupied by two patients in 2012 and 2011?
• How many employes and staff of WGH were made ill from the spread of contagious bacterial or viral infections due to room sharing at WGH in 2012 and 2011?
• How many employes and staff of WGH received physical injures caused by room sharing in in 2012 and 2011?
• How many employees and staff of WGH sued WGH due to illness or injury caused by room sharing in 2012 and 2011?
Currently there are no facts to support a “yes” vote.
The WGH administration does not seem inclined to provide any facts.