News

Ashes to ashes

Central Whidbey firefighters break apart a charred deck at a trailer park off SW Terry Road in Coupeville. Fire Chief Ed Hartin said residents were barbecuing on the deck and the small fire was likely caused by ashes. It was extremely windy at the time but fortunately the fire did not spread. No one was injured and the mobile home was unscathed.    - Jenny Manning/Whidbey News-Times
Central Whidbey firefighters break apart a charred deck at a trailer park off SW Terry Road in Coupeville. Fire Chief Ed Hartin said residents were barbecuing on the deck and the small fire was likely caused by ashes. It was extremely windy at the time but fortunately the fire did not spread. No one was injured and the mobile home was unscathed.
— image credit: Jenny Manning/Whidbey News-Times

Community Events, April 2014

Add an Event
We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Apr 16 edition online now. Browse the archives.