News

Fire scorches Oak Harbor kitchen

A firefighter exits a home at the intersection of Loerland Drive and Orchard Loop Wednesday afternoon after responding to a report of a fire.  - Nathan Whalen/Whidbey News-Times
A firefighter exits a home at the intersection of Loerland Drive and Orchard Loop Wednesday afternoon after responding to a report of a fire.
— image credit: Nathan Whalen/Whidbey News-Times

Firefighters from North Whidbey Fire and Rescue responded to a fire Wednesday afternoon at a house near the intersection of Orchard Loop and Loerland Lane.

Operations Chief Henry Vandenhaak said that the fire started at the stove and went up into the vent.

"It was pretty much out when we got here," Vandenhaak said.

Nobody was hurt and the damage to the house appeared to be minor.

Vandenhaak said firefighters were busy checking the house's attic to make sure the fire hadn't spread into the home's interior.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Aug 30 edition online now. Browse the archives.