- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Heater fan claims pickup in Greenbank
A pickup truck was destroyed Tuesday when it caught fire on Harbor Estates Road in Greenbank.
According to Central Whidbey Fire and Rescue Chief Ed Hartin, the department responded to a 911 call at 10:54 a.m. Firefighters with Engine 53 arrived to find the 1984 Ford F-150 well involved.
The blaze was quickly extinguished and crews were back in service by 11:11 a.m., Hartin said. The fire appears to have been the result of a malfunctioning heater fan under the dash board, he said.
The driver and sole occupant were not injured.