- About Us
Coupeville Festival Association gives for the holidays
On Monday Dec. 7, the Coupeville Festival Association, the non-profit parent organization of the Coupeville Arts and Crafts Festival, awarded over $25,000 to grant recipients in the 98239 zip code community.
This night of giving was made possible by over 100 volunteers who dedicate their time and efforts to ensure the success of the Coupeville Arts and Crafts Festival each August.
All proceeds from the Coupeville Arts and Crafts Festival are annually donated back to the 98239 community in the form of grants and scholarships. In addition to the over $25,000 granted on Dec. 7, $4,000 will be made available to scholarship applicants this spring.
This year’s grant recipients are as follows:
• Coupeville Historic Waterfront Association
• Sound Waters
• Pacific Northwest Arts Center
• Coupeville Middle/High School
• Coupeville Elementary School
• Gifts from the Heart Food Bank
• Coupeville Boys and Girls Club
• Lighthouse Environmental Program
• Whidbey Island Giant Pumpkin Contest
• Sno-Isle Libraries
• Penn Cove Water Festival
• Island County Historical Society
• Central Whidbey Chamber of Commerce
• ICHS Band Organ Restoration Committee
• Soroptimist International of Coupeville
• Central Whidbey Hearts and Hammers
“As you can see by the list of recipients and their projects, the joy of community service will continue on throughout the year in the 98239 community,” said Tessa Gavin, interim president of the Festival Association. “If you are able to offer any additional support to these worthy organizations, please don’t hesitate to contact them.”
The next Coupeville Arts and Crafts Festival will be held August 14 and 15, 2010. For more information, visit www.coupevilleartsandcraftsfestival.org.
If you would like to join the volunteers please contact the Coupeville Festival Association office at 678-5116 or email: email@example.com
“Again a great big thank you to all our dedicated volunteers and to those in the community dedicated to keeping the spirit of giving alive throughout the year!,” said Gavin.