- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Whidbey Island Writers Association writing contest winners announced
The Whidbey Island Writers Association announces and congratulates the winners of the Whidbey Island Writers Association’s The Spirit of Writing 2012 competition.
Children’s and Young Adult Literature
1. “Jump! by Judi Nyerges, Langley
2. “Blue’s Shoes” by Diane McCleod, Langley
3. (tie) “Miracle on Fifth” by Pam Formeller, Coupeville
“I Miss my Sister” by Beth Nehring, Langley
1. “Facing Diminishment” by Sharon J. Betcher, Langley
2. “The Philosophy of Fish” by Eleadari Acheson, Clinton
3. “Even Messiahs Have Parents” by Allan Ament, Freeland
1. “Why I Run” by Shannon Walker, Clinton
2. “Smilie Kylie” by Carolyn Tamler, Greenbank
3. “The Dogs of Bhutan” by Dianne Shiner, Freeland
1. “Naptime” by Eleadari Acheson, Clinton
2. “Feet First” by Katherine Ericson, Clinton
3. “The Sparrow” by William Xander, Langley
1. “A Woman’s Hands” by Eleadari Acheson, Clinton
2. “ The Poetry of Houses” by Martha McCartney, Coupeville
3. “Berry Battle” by Barb Bland, Oak Harbor
Readings by the winning authors will be presented during January.
Readings are set for 5:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 14 at the Coupeville Library; 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17 at the Langley Library; 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 26 at Clinton Community Hall; 3 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 30 at the Oak Harbor Library.
In addition, “In the Spirit of Writing 2012,” a collection of the works listed above, will be available for purchase at the readings, which are free and open to the public.